How donations work
We need your working equipment i3 and above
We refurbish the items, securely removing all data
We work with charities across the UK & Globally to set up and support their systems
What we offer:
CfC is an established reuse charity, providing full assurances to donors in respect of "data & liability" and also where indicated "end of Life disposal". (including certification and audit documentation)
All systems are fully wiped before installing new educational licensed operating systems and software as "Microsoft authorised Refurbishers". Machines are fully bench & PAT tested prior to despatch only for the benefit of registered organisations.
- Established track record over 250,000+ donated systems
- Microsoft Authorised Refurbisher
- Utilising Approved Industry standard data wiping of hard drives
- Secure data disposal services available. Includes; Degaussing / Shredding services
- Assumes Legal liability of donated equipment
- Audit trail of donated equipment available to donor's for reports, etc
- Certification of data removal and asset transfer provided post delivery / collection
- 95% of equipment donated by Companies, Police authorities, NHS,
- Services to Educational establishments, Government departments, etc
- Cost savings for companies, Environmental and Genuine benefits gained from donating to Charity
Collection information: Donations or enquiries can be made by phone.T: 01323 848588 or email
and via this website.
Please Note: Equipment can be delivered or dropped off at our workshop in Eastbourne, East Sussex by appointment.
- Corporates, Universities, Local Government, Schools: We offer Nationwide & European collection services for viable quantities of working and viable equipment.
- Home collection / Individual items. Please note collection services are not available at this time.
What to Donate
Considering Donating? .....
Legislation requires: Donated equipment to be fully working & realistically aged five years or less for suitable reuse
- i3 + Laptops PC / Mac Book Pro OS 10.10.5 +
- iMac intel type OS 10.10.5 +
- i3+ Towers, Desktops
- Mac Pro OS 10.10.5+
- Foreign currencies: Please send us your loose change, Euro's. etc
- Mobile Phones: "Phones for Vans" check this LINK
- Non Computing equipment includes: Digital projectors, AV equipment, Sports equipment, Medical equipment, Microscopes, Video / Digital Cameras, Sound and copying equipment, Outboard Motors, Tractors, Hand & Power tools (electric & Petrol), etc......
- Items we cannot accept: Non working and items including Scanners, Inkjet printers, Fax machines, Photocopiers, Colour Laser printers, Non intel Apple Mac's & Older computer (CRT) screens
Donate your computer equipment
What to dispose of
Equipment not suited for reuse, Older or faulty Computer & IT equipment requires to be recycled properly. We advise the following;
- Domestic / Household electrical recycling - Please try the FREECYCLE website or Contact your local council for information / advice
- Corporate, Local government, Charities, Schools, Hospitals - Contact your local council for advice or speak to "Recycling for Charities" our sister charity specialising in IT WEEE recycling. Including bulk IT disposal.
Recycling for Charities, is the recycling arm of Computers for Charities, providing National WEEE IT recycling services for older or non working IT equipment. We offer environmental and community benefits with competitive pricing as an established "not for profit" organisation.
WEEE and You
Implemented on 1st July 2007, EU Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment directive (WEEE). Electrical / IT waste is the fastest growing element in the municipal waste stream. Many hazardous substances are present in everyday IT equipment (including older CRT monitors) and the WEEE directives classify many such items as Hazardous Waste, effectively to safeguard against toxic landfill disposal and promote better recycling processes.
Please Note: The following items "Hazardous Waste" require appropriate disposal: CRT monitors including older iMac's, UPS systems, battery waste, etc.
For more information regarding "Recycling for Charities" please click the LINKGet a quote