From day one, Volunteer support has provided the life blood of Computers for Charities and continues to do so. Operating an open door policy all are welcome to assist in the various capacities needed to operate a busy charity.
Do you live locally in East Sussex? Are you Retired, unemployed, skilled, unskilled, disabled. A variety of roles exist within our Hailsham workshop; including Admin, Warehouse, IT, drivers, fund raisers and more.... Including times and days that suit your commitments
Its not all high brow: Steve has profound learning disability and pops in for two hours a week with his carer, Steve enjoys the company and even more shredding paper which is a vital requirement for our packaging and definately a big help. Well done and thank you Steve
Further afield; Please help spread the word regarding Computers for Charities, working - maybe your company or school could donate there laptops / desktops /servers to us.... Fundraising, Coffee mornings to raise funds for our Christmas shoebox appeal and more
Professional support; Aid us with access to your skills and expertise, it's not just about computers our work and support Nationally and Internationally remains quite diverse. Network engineers, doctors, chemists, engineers, electricians, teachers, translators, etc. Sign up and join our database of professional advisers.
Call: T: 01323 848588 or email
Computers for Charities
- Computers for Charities (CfC) is a Registered Charity number 1107802. Established in 1994, it is the longest established IT equipment reuse and recycling charity in the UK.
- As a non-profit organisation, CfC provides expert services for the disposal of unwanted IT equipment for the benefit of other charities, voluntary and educational organisations around the UK and in over 100 countries.
- Over 250,000 computers have been recycled or reused since 1994 and, in conjunction with Mercedes, CfC uses old mobile phones to purchase vans to support delivery and collection of equipment across the UK, EU & Eastern European countries
- Donating computers to CfC guarantees compliance with all UK legislation, including the WEEE Directive, Data Protection Act and Environment Act. Further information available at the following Link
- For information about the financial support CfC needs to fund its work, which is carried out by volunteers, click this Link
Thanks also to Stephill Generators - Wellingborough providing support with a much needed generator.