Courses and Concepts developed by Computers for Charities ......
QCF Level 1 Certificate in "Waste and Recycling " accredited by WAMITAB..
Course & materials available from CfC for use by Schools, Colleges, Training Centres & Charities....Social studies, induction tools, etc
What does this qualification cover?
This QCF qualification provides learners with the opportunity to achieve 7 credits plus gain access for further study to our Level 2 Certificate "Computer Refurbishment". Aimed as a potential induction / training tools it has wide ranging applications from the Waste Industry, Schools and the Charity sector.
- Understand the core principles of sustainability
- Know the materials arising within the reuse and refurbishment sector
- Know how to identify items for reuse and refurbishment
- Know how to work safely
Guided Learning Hours: 46 hours is the average time period, a learner might be expected to spend in supervised learning and practice. But will vary accordingly to learner's capability.
Credits: 7 Ofqual Number: 600/6753/6 WAMITAB Code: WR1 Assessment: Online Multiple Choice Question Papers
Does your Organisation provide training or interested in offering training with our Level 1 course. But not registered with WAMITAB. You can consider becoming a test centre, Please contact us for further information.
QCF Level 2 Certificate in "Computer Refurbishment" accredited by WAMITAB
Course & Materials available from CfC for use by Schools, Colleges, Training Centre UK & Overseas....
- Understand the reasons for refurbishment and reuse
- Understand the principles of sustainability
- Work safely
- Check that computers are suitable for refurbishment and reuse
- Disassemble computers
- Refurbish computers to remove data
- Refurbish computers to fix software problems
- Re-start computers and check for problems
- Certify computers ready for reuse
Guided Learning Hours: 212* *this is the amount of time the average learner is expected to spend in supervised learning and practice, but may vary by learner
Maximum Total Qualification Time: TBC * Credits: 23 Ofqual Number: 601/7544/8 WAMITAB Code: CR2 Assessment: Portfolio of Evidence
WAMITAB & SQA courses are suited as Science or Vocational subject for 14 - 95 year olds, providing a stepping stone to higher education or employment.
- If you are not licenced as a training centre or with either awarding bodies. We can advise.
Full teaching materials are available at cost to Schools,
Colleges, Adult Learning, Training establishments including Prison
education services. Further information available from "Computers
Corurses outlined intially developed by CfC, in response to HM Prison request to address deteriorating literacy levels within UK Prison establishments. Given 71% of offenders falling below acceptable literacy levels. (This course has provided excellent results)
"Computers for Charities" is a registered WAMITAB exam Centre.
For more information please call: Tel: (+44) 01323 848588 or use the link to Email
CfC Educational & Training projects include:
- "Three steps" a mentoring program provides training and basic skills models to steer disadvantaged and vulnerable persons into potential employment
- "African schools on Line" provides a full educational program for overseas schools seeking to introduce ICT into schools and curriculum.
- "Streamline" a consultancy service to benefit overseas education authorities standardise ICT, Curriculum and teacher training from regional to national levels
- Erasmus providing opportunities for EU students to gain work experience opportunities within CfC. Current links include schools in France, Martinique, German & Spain
- Unemployed and other agencies: CfC has consistently worked with a wide number of agencies, including Job Centres to provide work experience and volunteer opportunities
Computers for Charities provides consultancy services to UK and Overseas Organisations / Authorities seeking to enter or develop ICT, Educational & I.T Recycling initiatives