How donations work
We need working equipment. Under 7 years Old, Windows or Apple Mac. No printers please
We refurbish the items, securely removing all data
We support Small & Medium sized Charities & Schools across the UK & Globally
What we Offer:
CfC is an established Reuse Charity since 1994. Providing full assurances to donors for "Data & Liability" and where indicated "end of Life disposal". (Includes certification / audit documentation)
- Security: All donated equipment have hard drives removed & shredded.
- New Educational licensed operating systems & software installed in accordance as "Microsoft Authorised Refurbishers".
- Equipment is Soak & PAT tested and dispatched solely for benefit of registered organisations..
- Established track record since 1994. 250,000+ donated systems distributed. (2.5 Million Kilos Recycled or Reused)
- Microsoft Authorised Refurbisher
- Secure hard drive Shredding services available
- CfC assumes Legal liability of donated equipment
- Audit trail of donated equipment available to donor's.
- Certification supplied for liability transfer following delivery / collection of equipment
- WEEE Compliant
Collection Services continued:
Free Corporate UK & European, includes Universities, Local Government, Schools. (Requirements. Off street parking, ground floor access, assistance with loading)
(NB: Free collection dependant on viable quantity of suitable working computer equipment. Alternatively equipment can be delivered to our Eastbourne, East Sussex)
Need more information or to book a collection. Call Simon Tel: (+44) 01323 848588 email via this Link or website - (Enquire Now).
What to Donate
Consider Donating? .....
Legislation (WEEE) Requires: Donated equipment needs to be fully working. Aged seven years or less for suitable reuse capability
Working Non IT items needed
- Smartphones: "Phones for Vans" check this LINK
- Digital projectors
- AV equipment
- Sports equipment
- Medical equipment
- Audio & copying equipment
- Outboard petrol Motors, Tractors, Hand & Power tools (electric & Petrol), etc......
- Foreign currencies: Please send in your loose change, Euro's. etc
Items we cannot accept
Non-working, Printers, Scanners, Fax machines, Photocopiers, Older computer screens (CRT). Approved disposal advice available on request
Please Note: Secure hard drive shredding can be provided at your premises. Information available by request
Donate your computer equipment
What to dispose of
Equipment Not suited for Reuse:
Older or faulty Computer & IT equipment requires to be recycled properly. We advise the following;
- Domestic / Household electrical recycling - FREECYCLE website or Contact your local council for information / advice
- Corporate, Local government, Charities, Schools, Hospitals - Contact your local council for advice.
WEEE and You
Implemented 1st July 2007, EU Directive: Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE).
Electrical / IT waste is the fastest growing element in the municipal waste stream. Many hazardous substances are present in everyday IT / Electrical equipment (including older CRT monitors) the directive classifies many such items as Hazardous Waste, and as such require appropriate disposal.
Please Note: The following items require appropriate disposal as "Hazardous Waste" items: CRT Monitors, Older iMac's with CRT's, UPS systems, All Battery waste, etc.
For more information call Tel: 01323 848588 or email via this LINKGet a quote