How donations work
We need working equipment. Under 7 years Old, Windows or Apple Mac. No printers please
We refurbish the items, securely removing all data
We support Small & Medium sized Charities & Schools across the UK & Globally
What we Offer:
CfC is an established Reuse Charity since 1994. Providing full assurances to donors for "data & liability" and where indicated "end of Life disposal". (Includes certification / audit documentation)
All donated equipment have hard drives removed & shredded. New educational licensed operating systems and software installed in accordance as "Microsoft Authorised Refurbishers". Equipment is Soak & PAT tested and dispatched solely for benefit of registered organisations..
- Established track record since 1994. 250,000+ donated systems distributed. (2.5 Million Kilos Recycled or Reused)
- Microsoft Authorised Refurbisher
- Secure hard drive Shredding services available
- CfC assumes Legal liability of donated equipment
- Audit trail of donated equipment available to donor's.
- Certification supplied for liability transfer following delivery / collection of equipment
- WEEE Compliant
Free Corporate UK & European, includes Universities, Local Government, Schools.
(NB: Free collection dependant on viable quantity of suitable working computer equipment, alternatively equipment can be delivered to our Eastbourne, East Sussex)
Please Note: We Do Not provide collection services to residential addresses or collect single items or small quantities of equipment from Companies, etc.
Alternatively equipment can be delivered or dropped off at our Eastbourne workshop or free websites as with Freecycle might be useful.
For your data security, we recomend hard drives be removed before handing over to unkown third parties.
Need more information or to book a collection. Call Karen Tel: (+44) 01323 848588 email via this Link or website - (Enquire Now).
What to Donate
Consider Donating? .....
Legislation (WEEE) Requires: Donated equipment needs to be fully working. Aged seven years or less for suitable reuse capability
Additional I.T. Equipment needed (All ages)
- Computer Memory (RAM) DDR 2 / 3 / 4
- CPU Processors; P4 + Intel / AMD
- PC Cards; i.e. PCI Graphics, Network, Audio, etc all ages
Working Non IT items needed
- Smartphones: "Phones for Vans" check this LINK
- Digital projectors
- AV equipment
- Sports equipment
- Medical equipment
- Audio & copying equipment
- Outboard petrol Motors, Tractors, Hand & Power tools (electric & Petrol), etc......
- Foreign currencies: Please send us your loose change, Euro's. etc
Items we cannot accept
Non-working, Printers, Scanners, Fax machines, Photocopiers, Older computer screens (CRT). Approved disposal advice available on request
Please Note: Secure hard drive wiping or on site hard drive shredding is available on request
Donate your computer equipment
What to dispose of
Equipment Not suited for Reuse:
Older or faulty Computer & IT equipment requires to be recycled properly. We advise the following;
- Domestic / Household electrical recycling - FREECYCLE website or Contact your local council for information / advice
- Corporate, Local government, Charities, Schools, Hospitals - Contact your local council for advice.
WEEE and You
Implemented 1st July 2007, EU Directive: Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE).
Electrical / IT waste is the fastest growing element in the municipal waste stream. Many hazardous substances are present in everyday IT / Electrical equipment (including older CRT monitors) the directive classifies many such items as Hazardous Waste, and as such require appropriate disposal.
Please Note: The following items require appropriate disposal as "Hazardous Waste" items: CRT Monitors, Older iMac's with CRT's, UPS systems, All Battery waste, etc.
For more information call Tel: 01323 848588 or email via this LINKGet a quote