How donations work
We need your working equipment i3 and above
We refurbish the items, securely removing all data
We work with charities across the UK & Globally to set up and support their systems
What we offer:
CfC is an established Reuse / Recycling charity, providing full assurances to donors of "data & liability" and where indicated "end of Life disposal". (including certification and audit documentation)
All systems are fully wiped, new educational licensed operating systems and software installed as "Microsoft authorised Refurbishers". All machines are Soak & PAT tested prior to despatch for the benefit of registered organisations Only.
- Established track record over 250,000+ donated systems
- Microsoft Authorised Refurbisher
- Utilising Approved Industry standard data erasure of hard drives
- Secure data disposal services available. Include; Degaussing / Secure Shredding services
- CfC assumes Legal liability of donated equipment
- Audit trail of donated equipment fully available to donor's
- Certification supplied for basic data erasure only, and includes asset liabilty transfer following delivery / collection of equipment - ( Please Note: CfC provides this service free of charge. However does not accept responsibility or liability for donor data at this level, remaining donor responsibility)
- DOD standard data erasure with certification is available by request & at cost
- Available Free to: Corporates, Universities, Local Government, Schools of viable quantities & suitable working equipment, Nationwide & Europe. Needed. Desktop, Towers, Laptops. Mac & PC minimum i3 level or OS 10.14 Mac
Or Equipment can be delivered at our workshop in Eastbourne, East Sussex by arrangement.
- Please Note: Home collection / Small Company quantity collections are Not available at this time.
Need more information regarding Donatiing? Enquiries can be made by phone.T: 01323 848588 or email and via this website - (Enquire Now).
What to Donate
Considering Donating? .....b
Legislation (WEEE) Requires: Donated equipment be fully working & realistically aged five years or less for suitable reuse
- i3 + Windows Laptops, Desktops, Towers
- i5+ Apple iMac, Mac Pro, Mac Air, MacBook - OS 10.14 ipads, iPhones unlocked please
- Mobile Phones: "Phones for Vans" check this LINK
- Also Non Computing equipment includes: Digital projectors, AV equipment, Sports equipment, Medical equipment, Microscopes, Video / Digital Cameras, Sound and copying equipment, Outboard Motors, Tractors, Hand & Power tools (electric & Petrol), etc......
- Foreign currencies: Please send us your loose change, Euro's. etc
- Items we cannot accept: Non working and items including Scanners, Inkjet printers, Fax machines, Photocopiers, Colour Laser printers, Non intel Apple Mac's & Older computer (CRT) screens
Donate your computer equipment
What to dispose of
Equipment Not suited for Reuse: Older or faulty Computer & IT equipment requires to be recycled properly. We advise the following;
- Domestic / Household electrical recycling - Please try the FREECYCLE website or Contact your local council for information / advice
- Corporate, Local government, Charities, Schools, Hospitals - Contact your local council for advice or speak to "Recycling for Charities" our sister charity specialising in IT WEEE recycling. Including bulk IT disposal.
Recycling for Charities, is the recycling arm of Computers for Charities, providing National WEEE IT recycling services for older or non working IT equipment. We offer environmental and community benefits with competitive pricing as an established "not for profit" organisation.
WEEE and You
Implemented 1st July 2007, EU Directive :Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE).
Electrical / IT waste is the fastest growing element in the municipal waste stream. Many hazardous substances are present in everyday IT / Electrical equipment (including older CRT monitors) the directive classifies many such items as Hazardous Waste, and as such require appropriate disposal.
Please Note: The following items require appropriate disposal as "Hazardous Waste" items: CRT Monitors, Older iMac's with CRT's, UPS systems, All Battery waste, etc.
For more information regarding "Recycling for Charities" please click the LINKGet a quote