How donations work
We need your working equipment i3 or 7 Years or Newer
We refurbish the items, securely removing all data
We work with charities across the UK & Globally to set up and support their systems
What we Offer:
CfC is an established Reuse / Recycling charity. Providing full assurances to donors for "data & liability" and where indicated "end of Life disposal". (Includes certification / audit documentation)
All donated equipment is fully data wiped, new educational licensed operating systems and software installed in accordance as "Microsoft Authorised Refurbishers". Equipment is Soak & PAT tested and dispatched solely for benefit of registered organisations..
- Established track record over 250,000+ donated systems received
- Microsoft Authorised Refurbisher
- Utilising Approved Industry standard data erasure of hard drives
- Secure data disposal services available. Include; Degaussing / Secure Shredding services
- CfC assumes Legal liability of donated equipment
- Audit trail of donated equipment fully available to donor'sCertification supplied for basic data erasure only, and includes asset liability transfer following delivery / collection of equipment
- DOD standard data erasure with certification is available by request & at cost
Free Corporate UK & European, including Universities, Local Government, Schools. (NB: Only for viable quantities of suitable working computer equipment)
Alernatively equipment can be delivered to our workshop in Eastbourne, East Sussex.
Please Note: Home collection & Small Company quantity collections are Not available at this time.
Need more information or to book a collection. Call Karen Tel: (+44) 01323 848588 email via this Link or website - (Enquire Now).
What to Donate
Consider Donating? .....
Legislation (WEEE) Requires: Donated equipment to be fully working. Realistically aged seven years or less for suitable reuse capability
- i3 / i5 / i7 Windows based Laptops, Desktops, Towers (all generations)
- i5 / i7 Apple iMac, Mac Pro, Mac Air, MacBook - OS 10.14
- Apple iPad models 6+ & iPhones ( both unlocked please)
- Computer Memory (RAM) DDR 2 / 3 / 4
- CPU Processors; P4 + Intel / AMD
- PC Cards; i.e. PCI Graphics, Network, Audio,etc all ages
- Laptop batteries. Dead or alive!
- Mobile Phones: "Phones for Vans" check this LINK
- Non Computing equipment includes: Digital projectors, AV equipment, Sports equipment, Medical equipment, Microscopes, Video / Digital Cameras, Sound and copying equipment, Outboard Motors, Tractors, Hand & Power tools (electric & Petrol), etc......
- Foreign currencies: Please send us your loose change, Euro's. etc
- Items we cannot reuse: Non working and Printers, Scanners, Fax machines, Photocopiers, Non intel Apple Mac's, Older computer (CRT) screens. Disposal advice is available on request
- Secure Hard drive wiping or on site hard drive shredding available on request
Donate your computer equipment
What to dispose of
Equipment Not suited for Reuse: Older or faulty Computer & IT equipment requires to be recycled properly. We advise the following;
- Domestic / Household electrical recycling - Please try the FREECYCLE website or Contact your local council for information / advice
- Corporate, Local government, Charities, Schools, Hospitals - Contact your local council for advice or speak to "Recycling for Charities" our sister charity specialising in IT WEEE recycling. Including bulk IT disposal.
Recycling for Charities, is the recycling arm of Computers for Charities, providing National WEEE IT recycling services for older or non working IT equipment. We offer environmental and community benefits with competitive pricing as an established "not for profit" organisation.
WEEE and You
Implemented 1st July 2007, EU Directive :Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE).
Electrical / IT waste is the fastest growing element in the municipal waste stream. Many hazardous substances are present in everyday IT / Electrical equipment (including older CRT monitors) the directive classifies many such items as Hazardous Waste, and as such require appropriate disposal.
Please Note: The following items require appropriate disposal as "Hazardous Waste" items: CRT Monitors, Older iMac's with CRT's, UPS systems, All Battery waste, etc.
For more information regarding "Recycling for Charities" please click the LINKGet a quote