Computer Hardware Refurbishment Course. Level 2 standard
(Teaching Materials available for use by Schools & Providers)
Does your organisation offer training or need additional curriculum materials for Secondary / College level. Applicable worldwide.
Teaching Materials Available from Computers for Charities.
- Latest Version Now available: Ver 5: Includes - Course Overview, Course Criteria, Workbooks. Units 1 -7. Hard Copy Only. Cost. £146 (30% Reduction 10+)
- Or Workbooks only: Units 1 - 7. Hard Copy Only. Cost. £132 (30% Reduction 10+)
- Educational Support / Advice. POA
- Please Note: Income raised from sales of materials, directly assists Secondary education in developing countries via our African Schools on Line program
Available formats include -
Level 2 Standard (RQF England & Wales) with certificate - Courses running in Eastbourne. Applications are now open for the next course. email for applications.
Combining as below theory & practical materials. 60 hours duration. Multiple uses include induction, schools, training.
Further information available from Computers for Charities
or Level 4 SQA Accredited (Scotland)
Providing a comprehensive hands on introduction to Computer Repair & Refurbishment processes, combining theory & practical application. Offers an entry level to IT and higher level IT studies
(Course materials and full information available only from CfC)
Contents include; 7 Units
Refurbishment and Reuse, Health & Safety, Principles of Sustainability, Software usage & Legality, Hardware Principles, Computer Disassembly, Data Removal & Protection, Software Troubleshooting, Hardware Troubleshooting, PAT Testing & Compliance
Provides a curriculum level study or retraining / upskilling aid with Computer Refurbishment / Repairs. This course is suited for unskilled in Theoretical / Practical IT hardware is an essential starting place, whilst complimentary to higher level training as with Cisco / Microsoft applications
If seeking accreditation. Suggested - Guided Learning Hours: 100* (*this is the amount of time the average learner is expected to spend in supervised learning and practice, but may vary by learner & environment)
Options include running independently or as NPA award "Computer Hardware" at SCQCF level 4 SQA providing an accredited format offering practical and theoretical key skills in Computer repairs, Recycling, Health & Safety and more.
CfC / SQA courses are suited as curriculum or Vocational studies for 14 - 95 year olds.
If you are not licenced as a training centre or with SQA. Course materials are available at cost to Schools, Colleges, Adult Learning, Charities, NGO'S, Training establishments including Prison education services. Further information available from "Computers for Charities"
For more information please call: Tel: (+44) 01323 848588 or use this link to Email
PAT Testing Course ( Portable Appliance Testing)
Basic 3 hour course covering the testing for safety of small electrical appliances. Includes certificate.
Currently on offer at our Eastbourne workshop. For more information or to sign up. Call 01323 848588 or email via this link
CfC Educational & Training projects include:
"African Schools on Line"
Providwa a full educational program for overseas schools, seeking to develop ICT within schools and curriculum. More Information via this link
View the Story via this Link African School on Line YouTube
- Consultancy service to benefit overseas education authorities standardise ICT, Curriculum and teacher training from regional to national levels.
3. EU Erasmus program
- Providing work experience opportunities for EU students within CfC. College links include France, Martinique, German & Spain. More information via this link
4. Unemployed, Volunteers, Interns:
- CfC works with various agencies, including Job Centres offering work experience and volunteer opportunities. More information via this link
Computers for Charities offers a consultancy service to UK and Overseas Organisations / Authorities, seeking to develop ICT, Educational or I.T Recycling initiatives
Call Tel. (+44) 01323 848588 or email
Please Note: CfC is not affiliated to any organisation operating or using similar names as Computers for Charities