Donations & Collections
Collecting Donated Equipment:
- Domestic Collection services are NOT available to Households or from household addresses at this time.
- Corporate Collection services where Viable* are provided free of charge within UK Mainland
(* Viable represents: Operational Desktop / Server/ Laptop / Tower units, Minimum i3 4th Gen specification, quantities 25+)
Data security / Liability
Company Donations of computer base units / servers, etc. Companies will receive an initial receipt on collection, when equipment has been fully booked into our workshop.
A fuller manifest, confirming basic data erasure certification or hard drive destruction, transfer of liability is provided within 10 working days of collection without charge.
Please Note: CfC does not assume responsibility or liability in respect of donor data and remains the sole responsibility of the "donor". Certified DOD standard data erasure is available on request and cost.
Deliveries or Dropping Off
Donated equipment can be delivered or dropped off at our Eastbourne workshop. Please call: 01323 848588 or drop us an Email for further details
- Sales of refurbished computer equipment remain solely limited to UK registered Charities, Voluntary Organisations, Church / Faith groups, Schools and Educational establishments
- Goods are provided as quoted. Systems are built and configured on an individual basis to order.
- Contract conditions unless specified, are as supply only and exclude on site setup, Data, Broad Band, Printer connections or similar.
- Supply includes Return to base three months hardware warranty. Time period from date of despatch, (excludes Bios & Laptop batteries).
- Payment terms are strictly BACS or Cheque before preparation
- Please Note: Unless indicated Desktops / Towers are not supplied with Screen, Keyboard, Mice. Items are available as optional extras on request
Delivery or Collection from our Workshop
- Delivery unless specified. Is undertaken by FEDEX UK Mainland. Normally next day delivery, dependant on Postcode. Recipients will receive email notification from FEDEX with tracking number.
- Prepared Equipment can be collected from our Eastbourne workshop, by prior arrangement. Please be advised: Equipment awaiting collection can only be held for 10 working days unless advised accordingly
CfC aims to supply prepared ordered equipment within 10 working days, from payment. (Excluding public holidays, industrial action from third parties or adverse weather conditions)
- Standard Warranty: "Return to Base" 3 Months / 90 days covers Warranty period is from despatch date and supplied with Warranty Certificate.
- Warranty Cover: Hardware / Mechanical / Electrical Malfunction / Breakdown.
- Warranty Exclusions Include: Laptop Batteries, Bios Batteries, Software, Third Party additions / amendments to supplied specification.
- Warranty Claims: Contact CfC by telephone: 01323 848588 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance. Quoting Pro forma Number & explanation of the fault
- CfC offers support / solution either by phone or remote access with permission in the first instance.
- If the issue is not resolveable by the means stated above. CfC will advise return of equipment to its Eastbourne workshop at cost to the equipment owner. Workshop address supplied on request, a full assessment undertaken, including resolution in respect of repair / refund for warranty items.
- Please Note: Items under warranty. requiring return to CfC. (Return being within 10 working days, of faut reporting. Include with equipment, supplied power adapter, plus any login in usernames / passwords, pro forma number & organisations contact details)
- (Including refund enquiries)
- Refunds Policy: Strictly 30 days from despatch. Tel: 01323 848588 or Email Quoting Pro Forma Reference number and relevant information to aid our processes.
NB: Refunds are not provided until equipment is returned to our Eastbourne Workshop for examination, payable within 30 working days.
Please be aware an administration charge of £30 per item maybe incurred (dependant on circumstance)
Out of Warranty Equipment
CfC is here to help & as above. Please get in touch and we we will seek to advise / assist in all cases.
Please Note: All funds raised from Sales, directly aid support to charities and development across the UK and Overseas.
Please Note: CfC is not affiliated to any other organisation operating or using the name Computers for Charities or similar